Monday, April 6, 2009

Reading List

Tom Ricks lists his Top Ten Books Anyone Interested in U.S. Military History Should Read:
Ricks has written his own book which is on my list of things to read: The Gamble: General David Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq.

From the list above, I can personally attest to the Eugene B. Sledge book; I loved that book and read it twice. I had just watched the Ken Burns series, The War, and heard about Sledge on there. I highly recommend his book.

I would add another book to the list, Flights of Passage, by Samuel Hynes. Hynes flew planes, like my dad, and he wrote about the monotony of day to day life and how it was so juxtaposed with those inevitable sudden, intense moments.

Go here to read his post and his comments on each book.



H/T: Instapundit

No comments: