Sunday, November 6, 2011

Full Metal Jacket Reach Around: The Sloth Edition

I'm going to do my best impression of a sloth today.  It's been a busy weekend and there's a busy week to come, so I'm going to indulge myself in a little slothful behavior today.  Did you know that the sloth sleeps about ten hours a day? 

That LSU/Bama game just wore me out.  We watched with friends at a friend's bar; the owner is retired law enforcement and a long time friend of Steve's.  He's got a nice place.  He had a chili cookoff for the game last night and I contributed a huge pan of crawfish cornbread to go with it (recipe is in the comments of this post).  The chili was great and then I ate two LSU cupcakes...I blame it on the stress of the game.

I Tivo'd the "Caingrich" debate but when I turned it on to watch this morning all I heard was moderators while the candidates sat mutely to the side.  I bailed on that and will go straight to a transcript.

Today I've got the XM radio set to Jazz & Big Band, corn pudding in the oven and home cooked fried chicken on the schedule.  Other than that: sloth.

Sloths like links, though, (I'm just sure of it), and so let's see what's happening while I was consumed with the game yesterday.

The best news of the week is that my shout out to Carol resulted in my finding her current blog.  I might be the only one who didn't know she was blogging again, but here is Political Clown Parade in case you didn't know she was writing again either.  A finer writer you will not find.  Her post on Bear Bryant brought a tear to this LSU girl's eye.

Adrienne has the video of the "Caingrich" debate.  Reaganite Republican has a fine post on the debate which might preclude my having to find the transcript, as does Legal Insurrection.

Another great video can be found at The Daley Gator:  a speech by Mark Levin.

Saberpoint has a nice graphic that puts the Tea Party and the Occupiers comparison to rest.  Fishersville Mike has a picture of the OWS mascot!

Speaking of graphics, Doug Ross has a fun one for all you social media addicted people! 

Stacy McCain has a great post on why Tim Pawlenty could not have won.

Speaking of OWS, don't miss Pirate's Cove coverage here about a NYPost reporter who spent a night out there.

Over at The Camp of the Saints there is talk of a new third party.

Okay, I've got to stop here and get in the kitchen.  I have to fry chicken so then I can sit back, open a Sam Adams IPA and get back to my slothful ways. 


No comments: