Thursday, August 14, 2008

Junk Food Breakfast


Today was my first full day of school, no kids yet, just inservice. I had to be across town at 7:45 and left in plenty of time (I hate to be late!). I made my way down the notoriously backed-up Airline drive and pulled into the Circle K for my mandatory Diet Coke. The parking lot was full - never a good sign. I walked in and there were NO LESS than 25 people in line. I am totally not exaggerating. I'm like "Oh crap" but I gotta have the coke so I grab one and take my place at the end of the line. I'm standing there, at the end of the line, thinking, "WHY are all these people in here!" A quick visual survey revealed that 95% of them had a soda of some kind. Others had coffee. 80% of them had junk food of some kind - Twinkies, beef and cheddar sticks, candy bars, chips, one hot dog, gum, etc.

Granted, Circle K is NOT a health food store, but all I could think is "No wonder we're a nation of obese people if this is how we eat breakfast!"

The line went pretty quickly really, except of course I was behind some guy who needed three separate money orders.

I eventually got out of there with my healthy breakfast and got to my meeting on time. Tomorrow - Apple Cinnamon Cheerios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!