Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Wailing Wall


This is just a WTF moment for me. It's not just me, it's my neighbor too. Otherwise I might think I'm being overly critical. In fact, my neighbor Donny is the one who raised this eyesore to a new level for me. Ever since he mentioned it to me TWO YEARS AGO it's been a pet peeve. This green WALL, wait, no -- this PARTIALLY green wall is the gateway to my neighborhood. It belongs to a Mexican restaurant at the end of the street. On more than one occasion Donny and I have threatened to sneak down there in the dark of night and paint the whole thing ourselves (and we probably would NOT choose baby-puke green). While we're at it, I might take my hedgeclippers and chop down the tangle of growth at the end of the thing. Jimmy Hoffa could be in there.


Dear Mexican Restaurant: I just wonder if someone could tell me at what moment do you decide, "I'm not going to finish painting this wall." You ran out of paint? Here's my Sears card - go get some more! This has been like this for TWO YEARS! Do you seriously not see this when you drive into the parking lot each day? Does this not reflect in a negative fashion on your restaurant? Do you not CARE what your neighbors think of you? PAINT THE WALL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish you wouldn't have pointed this out. Ever since the restaurant made its 3rd name change (thus causing its food to suck... I never will understand why name changes come with food suckage) I just completely blocked it from my mind, so I've never noticed that wall.

NOW IT'S ALL I'M GOING TO SEE WHEN I GO TO YOUR HOUSE!

Now I'm upset lol

Anonymous said...

Remember Josh, it's across the street from the place that use to be Dr. Crud's Ass Pain Clinic.