Monday, August 11, 2008

Mouse In Mom's House Part 3


So I go on Rat Patrol this morning, confident I won't find anything as the past couple of days have been all clear. The tricky part is checking all ten glue traps without mom seeing me, because remember, she doesn't know they are there.

Everything looked good until I got to the two traps behind the couch, which is where Mr. Pest Control Guy saw the disgusting mouse droppings. I slid the couch away from the wall and there was only one glue trap. The other had been dragged about 15 inches from the wall and was filled with grey and black RAT HAIR. I'm all like, Oh Crap this is a fricking monster! Panic. A closer inspection revealed that the corner had been nibbled as well so not only did Mr. Rat turn his nose up at my glue trap, he had dinner as well.

I quickly grabbed another glue trap from behind the curtain, all before being discovered by my mother, and placed it under the couch too, put the nibbled one back in place, and put down a box of rat poison.

So the situation now is this: I suspect Mr. Rat might actually be living in my mother's couch, upon which she sits every day and evening. She is probably right now working on her crossword puzzle while Mr. Rat lies cozily in the stuffing of her couch. The floor underneath the couch is a minefield of traps and poison and my mother is oblivious to it all.

This is so gonna come back and bite me. What if he eats the poison, gets drugged and crawls up in her lap. I'm am totally waiting for that phone call. This will so not be funny.

2 comments:

Mary Frances Archer said...

you've inspired me and i'm LMAO on this particular one

i love your blog - love it love it love it!!

Pat Austin Becker said...

Ugh - have you GOT the mental picture of this?!!!!

I just KNOW this is going to happen. God help us all.