Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer in the City


Look at this weather forecast! I'm the first person to jump up and broadcast how much I love summer, and I do, but this is ridiculous! My grass is shriveling up and begging for water; the sprinkler is no longer up for the job. I went to Albertsons yesterday and my tennis shoes stuck to the asphalt, and let's not even talk about how hot it gets in my car! The AC in my house runs almost constantly and I don't even have it set that low. Even Checkers balks at going outside in the late afternoon. And NO, it is NOT "global warming"! I've lived in Louisiana all my life and it ALWAYS gets this hot in August! Bah!

As much as I love summer, I'm starting to anticipate the first nip of fall in the air, the first leaves drifting to the pavement, the first gumbo weather! Sweaters! Jackets! LSU Football! It's coming!


I guess this is the perfect opportunity for me to settle in and get that last bit of prep work for school done because THAT will be here long before the fall weather gets here!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Our forecast for tomorrow is 106!!! It's so frustrating. I just went through my JCrew fall catalog and earmarked pretty much the entire thing. I'm so ready.

Anonymous said...

it's hotter today here in iowa than in shreveport! enjoy the cool weather!

Anonymous said...

It's been ridiculous! I hung out with some of my friends last night, and I thought it would be okay to wear jeans. I WAS SO WRONG! It was 7 pm and I had to borrow a pair of my friend's shorts for the night. September is only a few weeks away though! :)

By the way, I might create one of these later.