Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Update

Sorry for the light blogging this weekend.  Saturday morning my 86 year old mother took a tumble off her front porch trying to get her newspaper.  Nothing's broken, thank goodness, but she's sore as hell and bruised.  Steve and I have been sitting over there all weekend as she just can't really get around right now. 

We spent Saturday night there so I could help her when she got up at night, but she insisted I spend the night at home last night. 

I'm headed back over to check on her now and see how she fared the night, so blogging will be spotty today, too. 

But meanwhile, rest assured, the world rocks on.  Obama has planned his next vacation, the oil is still spewing, and it's all George Bush's fault.

Until I return, check out David Catron's piece at American Spectator about the media sanitizing of Dr. "Death Panel" Berwick.  Don't let 'em snooker you!

I'll check back in with you folks later.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Sorry to hear about that, Pat!

Prayers for your Momma...

Pat Austin Becker said...

Thanks, Andy. Trust me, there's NOTHING in The Slimes worth falling off the porch for.

Andy said...

Nyuk! Well, I'm glad you're keeping your sense of humor over it...

Red said...

God bless your mother to a speedy recovery Pat ;-) No fish wrap is worth a broken hip.

yukio ngaby said...

Very sorry to hear the news, Pat.

Here's hoping for a swift and full recovery.

Adrienne said...

Sending prayers for your Mom and for you, too!

Sandy said...

Hope your mom gets better soon!