Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No Hot Dogs

Does Obama really get credit for rescinding the Iranian hot dog invitations when none of the Iranian ambassadors even agreed to come? How can you actually take back an invitation that was never even accepted?

I guess you can, and he did. I guess he gets points for that. Or something.

It should tell him SOMETHING than none of them accepted his invitation. How much blood in the streets and slaughter does he need to see? The sound bite that just slays me right now is from his press conference yesterday with regard to Iran: "Because I think that we don't know yet how this thing is going to play out. I know everybody here is on a 24-hour news cycle. I'm not. OK?"

Play out? How much more does it need to play out before we do SOMEthing?

And since when is the president not in a fairly constant loop with regard to the news cycle? He's a 9-5 president now?

Well, either way, the invitations that were not accepted have now been rescinded, so I guess that's something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly do you think should be done. I understand the republicans have to take the opposing side just because. No rationale, no thought, just like they were defending torture as "good". You know the democrats hate hitler... whats your stance?

You need to listen to people like Joe Scarborough, he is on the right, but has rationale thought and he railed on the irresponsibility of McCains attack on Obama onthe Iran issue. It weakens our nation.

And some other random thoughts...

I also think they should card people at classic rock concerts to make sure no right-wingers get in.

And if Sanford was Obama, would there be the same deafening silence on your blog?

Pat Austin Becker said...

"And if Sanford was Obama, would there be the same deafening silence on your blog?"

I'm just waiting to see how it all plays out before I comment, you know? I mean, there's a vigorous debate going on there right now.

G.R. said...

If there were no right-wingers going to classic rock concerts, how would performers earn their pay? I suppose through some sort of left-wing stimulus package passed though Congress that would support the performing arts that would be paid for by taxes levied on the right by the left, so that those on the left to attend.
Hey it makes about as much as your stupid comment.