Monday, September 15, 2008

Abby Meets the Furminator


Steve bought Abby a Furminator this summer. Abby is Steve's white German Shepherd and she sheds. A lot. Whenever I go over there I always brush her because she loves it, but I had not tried the Furminator until last night. I first heard about the device on The Daily Coyote; Shreve Stockton was raving about how great it was to use on her coyote (she's even saved some of the fur and had it made into yarn!)

Then Heather Armstrong wrote about it on HER blog and posted photos about all the hair she raked out of her dog.

So I could not wait to use one on Abby. This photo is the result of less than five minutes of brushing (she was not in the mood for lengthy grooming so I had to turn her loose). The thing works! If you have a dog that sheds (Checkers does not, really), you need to check this thing out!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So it does work?

Today I helped my mom clean her house and between her two dogs (one white, one blonde), and my dog now being here (mostly white), you could have created two or three more dogs with all the dog hair in the corners, under furniture, etc. It makes me crazy! If I did not like Gabby so much, I'd shave her bald!

Trixie said...

Happy Tuesday Pat!!

I was wondering if you would help me....I want to post this, as I am doing the AIDS lifewalk at the beginning of October. If you dont mind, I would appreciate it...

and if you want to add an entry with it, please feel free. I can also get you the widget that is on my blog, if it you want. It looks better, and gives people more confidence. Its for a really good cause!

thanks maam!

Aids Lifewalk Donations! Please, $5, $10, or whatever you can afford