Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day From Hell


Yesterday was awful. It went like this:

5:15: Alarm goes off.

6:00: Get teenager up.
6:15: Still getting teenager up.

7:05: Out the door for work.

7:15-2:30: Attempted to convince students that Julius Caesar is GREAT; they are not convinced.
Fielded queries about why research papers are not yet finished.
Graded stacks of papers and attended to a million other teacher related duties.
My own teenager comes in and complains of iPhone problem; phone won't unlock.

2:45: Throw teenager out of car and rush to mom's for PT appt.

3:05: Drive across town to PT.

3:35 - 4:15: Mom's PT. Exercises.

4:45: Pick up teenager; drop mom off; drive to Best Buy.

5:50: Talk to Craig at Best Buy about iPhone issue; most unhelpful. His response - "too bad". Taked to Benee at Best Buy (guy who sold it to us) and he's like "No way! Give me that!" and he promptly switches it out for a new one. Teenager happy.

6:30: Leave Best Buy - go to Hobby Lobby for Teenager's art supplies. $50 later, leave Best Buy for home.

6:45: Get in house - router dead on computer. No wireless, No XBox Live. Crisis.

6:50 - 7:30 - attempt all possible solutions to router issue. No luck.

7:40 - 8:10: Drive to WalMart for new router. Nothing sufficient in stock. Briefly consider second trip of day to Best Buy. Abort thought. Drag self out of WalMart and back home.

8:45: Apology to Steve for acting like stressed out bitch.

9:00: Look at undecorated Christmas tree and stacks of Christmas boxes still unpacked. Sigh. To bed. Not hungry; no dinner. Stress.

Today was better, sort of. I did get another router and after some minor frustrations got all the wireless things keyed into it; network now running again. I hate computer problems, even minor ones, because as I've said before, I'm not very good with stuff like that. It just throws me off. So anyway, now it's raining and I want to read. My copy of Ira Stoll's Samuel Adams arrived today. Stephen King is still awaiting me and so is Mrs. Astor Regrets. But I'm in the middle of another book and hate to read more than one at a time (though I've been known to do it.)

So, internet, I'm going to tuck myself in bed, under my down comforter, snuggle up to my dog, and read. Recovery from yesterday.

One day soon I'll get to this Christmas tree. It'll be done by the 20th guys, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think anything other than you were having problems. Besided, your once and a blue moon melt down is nothing to my daily eruptions (which are about as timed as a geyser in Yellowstone National Park.)

I will always remember you being there for me when I was called away to active duty Army. You were my solid rock to lean on during that stressful time of my life.

And you are once agian my solid rock for what I'm going through now.

I wouldn't have you any other way.

RightinFlorida said...

Hmmmm. Hope you're much better now!