Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Pleasure of Giving


This was soooo sweet:

One of my honors students came in before class this morning - early!

Student: Ms. A! Where does ** sit?

Me: There - second seat from the back.

He has a green gift bag in his hand which he carefully deposits on her desk with a HUGE grin on his face. Sneaking out of the room, he says,

Don't tell her!

Me: I won't!

Bell rings. She comes in, goes to her seat

****: Ms. A! Is that for me? Who's it from?!

Me: Santa?

She opens it, and it's a BEAUTIFUL snow globe. So sweet. She has a look of pure, childlike pleasure on her face. Shakes it; watches the snow fall....

****: Who brought this in here?!

Me: Santa?

In the end, she figured it out and gave the giver a huge hug, which I figure is all he wanted for Christmas. Ever.


I love Christmas.

(Image credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/petitshoo/)

No comments: