Monday, August 8, 2011

What Other People Found: The First Edition

Since I'm back at work and can't plunder estate sales and garage sales on Fridays anymore, I'll have to enjoy other people's pickin's.  I have a few antique/flea blogs in my blogroll and I'm going to start a Monday roundup of their finds. 

Pictured left is my latest find: a carved nativity scene that packs neatly into this little box/barn for storage.  It's not that old, I just thought it was cute.  It has a "Made in Taiwan" sticker on the back. But, I liked the little carved faces and the clever way it all fits in the box until you're ready for it!  Just close the doors, flip the little latch and off they go.

Anyway, some other finds:

I like 52 Flea primarily because the photography is great.  She can make the most banal thing seem fascinating!  I like the nifty bottles she features in this post.

Oodles and Oodles is awash in handkerchiefs and linens!





Antique Trader is trying to solve a mystery.

My Vintage Soul features a great old Victorian.

Monkeybox is accidentally collecting globes.

I love the reindeer in this post by Vintage Junk in my Trunk (because I have some!).  The mouse poop, not so much.

The Hunt for Vintage has found some way cool chairs!

And that's it; short 'n sweet.  Not quite as fun as finding great pieces of art glass on my own, but it is interesting to see what other people find collectible.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Every time I come to your blog, I feel the need to go hit up the weeken garage sales. Then I walk outside and it's 100+ degrees and figure I'll wait until September.