Monday, August 22, 2011

Paul Ryan Isn't Running

I can't say that this surprises me.  I like Paul Ryan but I just didn't see him getting the nomination right now.  Plus, he's been very clear in the past about not wanting to run.  My position has always been that he's too "wonky" for that battle and that he's happier where he is.  So far as I know, he has no executive experience at all, and it's very difficult to get elected from the House.

Yes, yes, I know.  Obama had no experience either, but I think this time, as screwed up as things are, voters might be ready for a grownup in the Oval Office.  Not that Ryan isn't, but he is, for now, serving us better where he is.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Palin is about to get in there.  That will make things interesting; I can't wait to see Palin and Perry go head to head on the issues.  Heh!

4 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Ryan is good on the issues and a definite leader but for right now I want to keep him on the farm team. Maybe a Senaor Ryan or Governor Ryan in 2020.

I can handle Palin or Perry...although I still want a few more details from Perry on the issues.

Then again America will vote for the kid on the ETrade commercial against Obama.

Tony said...

Perry wants to abolish both Social Security ("unconsitutional") and the federal income tax (80% of federal revenue).

What other details you want to know?

Mike Thiac said...

No Tony...he wants to reform the Ponzi scheme know as Social Security (which BTY is 20 trillion in the hole) and says he would like to replace the federal income tax with something life a federal sales tax so more people would pay into the system.

No Tony was I thinking of details of Social Security reform, chip in Medicare/Medicaid reform, tort reform, economic policy, ripping Obamacare out by the roots, neutering the EPA and general reform of the bureaucracy (do we really needs departments of Labor, Energy, Education, VA and HUD...they are all failures), getting us energy (drill now, drill here, nukes, etc), eliminating Obama Motors (the former General Motors...it's time it became a business again), what he will do to prevent Iran from getting nukes, what he would like to do about a rising China, etc.

Things off the top of my head...

Sarah said...

As my grandfather says, "I like Ryan, but he's for your generation to elect."