Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Goats!

I don't know why but I like goats. I guess this is why I liked this story about Google hiring goats to come eat/cut their grass rather than use lawnmowers. I'm not in the least bit concerned about the "global warming" nonsense, but I do think it would be fun to watch goats out your window all day.

"Google said that though the goats were not technically employees, 'each goat is entitled to a free organic lunch.'"

PETA says that's all well and good with them just as long as the goats have water and shelter.


7 comments:

Steve said...

Way to go Google. I am an animal lover, and I've had some exposure to goats. They are very playful, even with humans,they are fun to watch, and they can make good pets. Plus they produce milk.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

My brother and sister in law just bought some goats. And every time they complain about them on facebook. I always reply 'goats is good eats!'

I'm just shallow that way...

S.logan said...

"I'm not in the least bit concerned about the "global warming" nonsense, but I do think it would be fun to watch goats out your window all day."

Haha, Pat, you're so cute. Quotes like this are why reading your blog makes me happy.

smitty1e said...

They don't eat kudzu, though, do they? Whoever trains goats to do that is a genius.

Jordan said...

Whatever works. I like goats, myself. Once had a bowling team called the Hippie Goat Retirement Home.

Jordan said...

Something that may tickle your fancy.

Steve said...

Vegas Art Guy,
No goat eatin' here.
I took Pat to visit my family (who are farmers)a couple of years ago, and we visited my brother, who has goats on his farm. He had an billy goat that came up to me, and I scratched his head between the horns, and I had a friend for life. He followed me around the lot.
I like goat so much that I got very ill watching the scene in Cold Mountain, where the woman killed the goat. Cold Mountain, in my opinion, was a horrible movie, the goat killing scene made it even worse.