Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Self Pity and Exhaustion!

Ever have one of those days when all you want to do is go to bed with a good book?

School is wearing me totally out right now; we're down to single digits in days left of class (we don't count weekends) and the kids are getting crazier by the day. It's taking every ounce of energy to keep them contained; by the time I get home, I am a zombie.

The Teenager has it as bad as I do; he crashed about an hour after we got home from school. He becomes a Senior in a few days, and well, I can't tell that he's all that excited - he's just tired!

Blogging has been light this week for this reason and will maybe start to pick up in a few days.

All I want to do right now is hunker down in my bed, my puppy at the end, and read a good book. And wait for May 28.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine what it is like for those of us who work 365.

G. R. said...

I know for a fact that most teachers get paid for only for the 9 months they teach. Many of them have to take summer jobs/or go back to school for continued education, which means they pretty much work year round.
And during the school year, after work, during breaks, there is class prep and paper grading.
It's not all laid back.

yukio ngaby said...

@ michilines

You are just being rude.

You work 365? 366 on leap years? No weekends? No vacations? Where? At a plantation in the 1840s?

Sounds like you've got a pretty good civil suit... you should contact a lawyer.

Josh said...

Just think, 2 days after you're out of school we'll be enjoying Dallas! Just keep pushing, you'll make it (this is also the advice I give myself lol)

Sarah said...

I was thinking you were already out!