Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Summer Project

Having no pride whatsoever I just dug this poor thing out of my neighbor's trash pile.  I believe it's an antique telephone stand.

It's flat on the floor here because the legs need some work and it won't stand on its own:


Actually, a lot of it needs work, but it will be glorious when it's restored!

The door has some warp to it, and the veneer is peeling...:


...but I love the detail on it.  Inside there is a hole in the back left corner, presumably for the telephone wire to run through.

There's a hinged door, too, that works fine but the bottom piece for the storage area is gone and will have to be replaced:


There's some rot on the ball feet and I'll have to cut the legs off just a little so it will stand.

It looks like hell right now but this summer, when school is out, I'll have some time to work on it.

I love a new project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a dumpster diver as well. That's a nice find. All the best on your new project!