Monday, December 5, 2011

Let The Trash Talk Begin!


LSU will play Alabama for the BCS championship on January 9.

My friend Carol over at Political Clown Parade has an extensive summation of the situation and the controversy around the matching.  Seems some folks are upset that it's an all SEC deal.

Carol is dubbing this game "Slobberknocker Redux" and I think that's probably apt.

She is a H - U - G - E Alabama fan and, well, you know how I feel about LSU.

We are reprising our bet from last year; originally the bet was a case of Sam Adams, but when LSU beat 'Bama, and I told Carol instead of shipping beer to Shreveport just donate to her favorite charity, Carol ponied up $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project.

So, when the Honey Badger has his way with Big Al and Bama is left wondering what happened to them, Carol will once again fork over $100 to the Wounded Warrior Project!  (And if, heaven forbid, LSU loses, I'll do the same.)

Let the trash talk begin!




UpdateGrandpa John is into Chick Fights.

8 comments:

Jim said...

Bless Alabama's heart, they're like an ex-girlfriend that just needs to give it up! It was over on November 5th, and January 9th will just bring more heartbreak!
(And my word verfication is "ferus', how's that!)

Curmudgeon said...

Rolleaux Tide Rolleaux!

Jim said...

I'm not through.
Q: How many Alabama fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: About 75,000. One to change the bulb, and 74,999 to stand around and talk about how great the old one used to be.

Pat Austin Becker said...

Jim, you're killin' me! LOL!!

Steve Burri said...

I am afraid that Carol will have the last laugh in January.

Jim said...

I've heard that before. I don't know why everyone thinks Alabama has improved so much since November 5th. Hide and watch.

Curmudgeon said...

@Steve Burri,

Damn right. And LSU fans smell like corndogs.

Steve Burri said...

Here's the story.